What are we doing to help keep you safe?
After taking a year off from 'in person' events, we appreciate some delegates may be nervous about returning.
The health and safety of all our guests and colleagues is our top priority and so the ICC, along with other large UK venues, have implemented COVID-19 status checks for all guests on arrival.
The accepted methods of showing your COVID-19 status are as follows:
NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App – please note this is not the same as the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app.
- It is advised that individuals apply no later than 48 hours before attending to allow for the application to be processed in time
- You can download the NHS app from either the App Store or the Google Play Store
- Further details on the NHS app can be found here
- Further details on the NHS COVID pass can be found here
Lateral flow or PCR negative test results text or e-mail within 72 hours prior to attending the event
- You can order free NHS lateral flow tests here, alternatively, you can collect from your local chemist.
- You MUST register your result on the Government website here - this will then generate an email or a text message to you confirming the negative status
- This will also automatically link to your NHS App (mentioned above)
Proof of immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 with a PCR test taken within 180 days of your event (including 10 days self-isolation following the result) you are eligible for an NHS COVID Pass as you have natural immunity.
- You should register for the NHS App (as explained above) and click on 'Get your NHS COVID pass'. This should automatically display your name and QR Code. If this does not show phone 119.
- Remember this will only work if you took a PCR test at the time you had COVID-19, NOT a Lateral Flow Test.
If visitors would prefer not to use the app or do not have a smartphone they can obtain a NHS COVID Pass letter (proving vaccination status only) by calling 119 or visiting the NHS website.
ALL guests on arrival at the ICC will be asked to show proof of their COVID 19 status and these checks will be carried out at venue entrances by ICC security staff. Once proof of status has been checked, you will be issued with a wristband that you must wear for the duration of the event.
Please do ensure that the above information is shared with all your colleagues that will be attending.
To try and keep everyone as safe as possible we also ask that no one attends the event if: they are displaying symptoms, been asked to self-isolate or live with an individual who has symptoms of COVID 19 at the time.
The ICC also encourage the wearing of face coverings when moving around then venue and will have plenty of hand sanitiser stations located around the site.
Further information on what the venue is doing to keep us all safe can be found here: http://www.theicc.co.uk/protect/
We are putting safeguards in place within our conference space to ensure the event runs smoothly and delegates and speakers are comfortable.
- Hand sanitiser stations at regular points around the conference space
- Operating at below capacity to allow for social distancing
- Delegates and speakers will be encouraged to wear masks while moving around
- Increased ventilation in conference spaces
- Frequent cleaning of touchpoints, carried out by the ICC's team
- A one-way system will be in operation to and from the refreshment area
- Registration at the ICC will be open for an hour before the conference starts. We are encouraging delegates to register early and take their seats at tables to avoid congregating in the reception area.