Become a Care Worker at Alice Bye Court
Alice Bye Court is our welcoming Extra Care scheme in Thatcham, near Newbury and Reading.
We're looking for dedicated Care Workers to join our team and help our residents with their day-to-day needs.
Apply now by filling in the form on the right of this page (desktop) or at the bottom of the page (mobile).
Care Worker - Full / Part Time Roles Available - £10.38 per hour
What the role involves:
- Assisting the service user with personal needs where necessary and appropriate e.g. getting up in the morning, washing / bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and getting to bed in the evening.
- Providing assistance with household and domestic tasks, e.g. laundry, shopping, cleaning, and financial transactions such as paying bills.
- Making meals, drinks and snacks where necessary.
- Encourage and enable service users to follow agreed care plans.
- Keep care managers, the service and key agencies informed about the well-being of service users and the progress of the care being undertaken.
What you need:
- No experience is necessary however enthusiasm and willingness to learn is a must
- To be kind and friendly
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Commitment to undertake necessary further training
- A friendly and caring approach
- A genuine desire to help people
- Reliability and flexibility
- The ability to use your initiative
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
What we offer:
- Free training
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme
- Paid annual leave
- Employee support helpline
- Career progression
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- Paid Training and Shadowing with experienced Care Workers
- Ongoing Specialist Care Training
- Dedicated support from your Line Manager
- Life Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Childcare vouchers
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
- Car Leasing Scheme
- Eye test vouchers
Is this person you? Then we are excited to hear from you!
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A FULL ENHANCED DBS CHECK - COST WILL BE MET BY THE APPLICANT AND WILL BE REIMBURSED AFTER 6 MONTHS OF CONTINOUS EMPLOYMENT.
An offer of employment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced disclosure check, satisfactory references, and induction training.