Alrewych Court - Care Worker
- Location: Alrewych Court, 220 Northgate, Aldridge, WALSALL , WS9 8AF
- Salary: £10.09 per hour
- Hours: 20 hours per week
What you need:
- No experience is necessary however a positive, can do attitude and a willingness to learn is a must
- To be kind and friendly
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Commitment to undertake necessary further training
- A friendly and caring approach
- A genuine desire to help people
- Reliability and flexibility
- The ability to use your initiative
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
What the role of Care Worker involves:
Assisting residents with personal care needs where necessary and appropriate e.g., getting up in the morning, washing/bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and getting into bed in the evening.
Supporting with eating and drinking and ensuring levels of fluid and dietary intake are monitored.
Encouraging and enabling residents to follow agreed person-centred care plans.
To provide interaction and complete activities with residents throughout the day
Provide support to residents in regards to administering medication
Keeping care managers, the service and key agencies informed about the wellbeing of residents and the progress of the care being undertaken.
What you will get in return:
- An hourly rate of at least 10% above the National Living Wage
- Paid annual leave
- Paid training and shadowing with experienced Care Workers
- Ongoing Specialist Care Training
- Career progression
- Dedicated support from your Line Manager
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
- Car Leasing Scheme
From 7 January 2022 it will be a condition of employment that you have had two doses of a Covid-19 vaccination (unless exempt) OR you will need to provide evidence that you have received your first vaccination at least 21 days prior to starting employment and agree to receive your second vaccination within 10 weeks of the date of your first vaccination. You will need to show your NHS Covid Pass as evidence of your vaccination status.