Crookbarrow View - Care Worker
- Location: Crookbarrow View, 3 Gotland Road, Off Whittington Road, WORCESTER
- Salary: £10.10 per hour
- Hours: 20 Hours per week
What you need:
- No experience is necessary however a positive, can do attitude and a willingness to learn is a must
- To be kind and friendly
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Commitment to undertake necessary further training
- A friendly and caring approach
- A genuine desire to help people
- Reliability and flexibility
- The ability to use your initiative
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
What the role of Care Worker involves:
- Assisting residents with personal needs where necessary and appropriate e.g. getting up in the morning, washing / bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and getting into bed in the evening.
- Providing assistance with household and domestic tasks, e.g. laundry, shopping, cleaning, and financial transactions such as paying bills.
- Making meals, drinks and snacks where necessary.
- Encouraging and enabling residents to follow agreed care plans.
- Keeping care managers, the service and key agencies informed about the wellbeing of residents and the progress of the care being undertaken.
- Shift pattern: 20 hours, 5 days per week
What you will get in return:
- An hourly rate of at least 10% above the National Living Wage
- Paid annual leave
- Paid training and shadowing with experienced Care Workers
- Ongoing Specialist Care Training
- Career progression
- Dedicated support from your Line Manager
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
- Car Leasing Scheme