The Water Mill - Care Worker
- Location: The Water Mill, Goscote Lane, Goscote, Walsall, WS3 1SJ
- Salary: £9.80 per hour (+50p night enhancement)
- Hours: 25 Hours per week
What you need:
- No experience is necessary however a positive, can do attitude and a willingness to learn is a must
- To be kind and friendly
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Commitment to undertake necessary further training
- A friendly and caring approach
- A genuine desire to help people
- Reliability and flexibility
- The ability to use your initiative
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- In line with Government legislation, all employees must have received both Covid 19 Vaccinations in order to work within the care setting
Whilst you will need to be vaccinated, we are happy to take applications from those who are yet to be vaccinated but are willing to be fully vaccinated prior to starting employment.
What the role of Care Worker involves:
Assisting residents with personal care needs where necessary and appropriate e.g., getting up in the morning, washing/bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and getting into bed in the evening.
Supporting with eating and drinking and ensuring levels of fluid and dietary intake are monitored.
Encouraging and enabling residents to follow agreed person-centred care plans.
To provide interaction and complete activities with residents throughout the day
Provide support to residents in regards to administering medication
Keeping care managers, the service and key agencies informed about the wellbeing of residents and the progress of the care being undertaken.
Shift Pattern: Shifts will start at 9.45pm and finish at 7.45am on a rota basis. There will be a requirement to work alternate weekends
What you will get in return:
- An hourly rate of at least 10% above the National Living Wage
- Paid annual leave
- Paid training and shadowing with experienced Care Workers
- Ongoing Specialist Care Training
- Career progression
- Dedicated support from your Line Manager
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
- Car Leasing Scheme