7 January 2021
Coronavirus (COVID 19) – latest update
During the third national lockdown in England, we are still welcoming residents at our new developments and you are welcome to make a viewing or reservation appointment with our New Homes Consultants.
We would like to assure all our customers that Housing 21 is keeping abreast of the latest government guidance on Coronavirus, house moves can continue to take place and you can learn more about the steps that we take to keep you safe by clicking below.
Many of our residents are already taking advantage of the benefits of moving into Extra Care Living schemes during these challenging times, including the assurance of our on-site care team 24/7, the availability of hot and cold takeaway snacks at our on-site café/bistros and convenient access to outdoor space with our landscaped gardens. At our Retirement Living schemes residents can benefit from the support of their Court Managers and 24 hour emergency response should they need it.
Whether you are just considering a move or have already viewed with us, we are committed to ensuring you are safe during all stages of the process. For more information, please call our New Homes Team on 0345 608 4021 between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stamp Duty Holiday
The chancellor has announced a temporary holiday on stamp duty on the first £500,000 of all property sales in England and Northern Ireland; this includes properties bought through Housing 21.
The level at which the tax is charged has been temporarily raised until next March to £500,000 to boost the property market and help buyers struggling because of the coronavirus crisis. For more information click here.
Our operational teams are working hard across the country to ensure we can continue to support our residents in their daily lives.
Our Court Managers remain the key point of contact for our residents.
For all emergencies, residents should continue to contact the Appello Careline. For all other enquiries, including repairs, the Court Manager should be the main point of contact. If you do not live on one of our schemes but need to contact the Court Manager for any reason, the number can be found at the bottom of the individual court webpage on our website.
We have also made some changes to our head office
Head office staff are now working from home. Phones are being diverted and we are doing our best to manage enquiries via phone and email. Please do bear with us as we do our best to respond.
Our health and safety team, including the Chief Executive and Directors of Operations, is meeting regularly to ensure a coordinated response to the ever-changing situation. Our Chief Executive is holding fortnightly video briefings for staff across the organisation, providing a regular update and answering key questions.
We are updating our staff via internal channels, as and when we have additional information to support them in their roles, and are also doing our best to support them in maintaining their health and wellbeing.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we try our best to maintain a high standard of service to both residents and staff during this difficult time. Your health and wellbeing is our priority.
- H21 residents' frequently-asked questions
- Latest Government information and advice
- Latest NHS information
- NHS 'Catch It, Bin It, Kill It' poster
- Hand washing guide
Guidance for Show Homes
As the situation with Coronavirus continues to evolve, we would like to assure you that our focus is on the health and wellbeing of our visitors, residents and staff. As we continue to follow government guidance and are having to do things a little bit differently, we have put extra measures in place for when you come to visit us at one of our marketing suites to ensure you have a safe and comfortable experience.
We are giving you choices on how you wish to interact with us. You can now tailor your experiences with us, by wearing our PPE when you visit, or booking an alternative virtual appointment or viewing from the comfort and safety of your own home.
How to book your visit:
- Book a planned appointment with our New Homes Consultant, by contacting the number on our development web page.
- Two people per visit maximum – our preference is that visits are made from the same household
- If you wish to have support from family and friends outside of your household we are able to accommodate this, please let our New Homes Consultant know when booking.
- Children under the age of 16 cannot visit at this current time
- Ring our New Homes Consultant from one of our car parking bays to confirm your arrival, our New Homes Consultant will phone you when the office is ready.
- Use the Hand Sanitiser provided, and our New Homes Consultant will take the time to talk you through our safety measures.
- PPE such as masks and gloves will be provided if you require them.
- You can view our wall displays with our New Homes Consultant, with digital copies emailed to you for home viewing.
- Paperless reservations can take place via card payment only.
Our Show Home will be open for you to view, with gloves provided upon entrance, however our New Homes Consultant will not be able to accompany you for this part of your visit.