4 November 2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) – latest update
Guidance for November Lockdown
As the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we would like to assure you that our focus is on the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff.
New national lockdown measures come into force from Thursday 5 November 2020. If you are a resident of Housing 21, please download and read the flyer below for what these changes mean for you.
Guidance for Show Homes
For those interested in viewing available properties at our show homes in person, we have created new guidance on what to expect during your visit.
Stamp Duty Holiday
The chancellor has announced a temporary holiday on stamp duty on the first £500,000 of all property sales in England and Northern Ireland; this includes properties bought through Housing 21.
The level at which the tax is charged has been temporarily raised until next March to £500,000 to boost the property market and help buyers struggling because of the coronavirus crisis. For more information click here.
Our operational teams are working hard across the country to ensure we can continue to support our residents in their daily lives.
Our Court Managers remain the key point of contact for our residents.
For all emergencies, residents should continue to contact the Appello Careline. For all other enquiries, including repairs, the Court Manager should be the main point of contact. If you do not live on one of our schemes but need to contact the Court Manager for any reason, the number can be found at the bottom of the individual court webpage on our website.
We have also made some changes to our head office
Head office staff are now working from home. Phones are being diverted and we are doing our best to manage enquiries via phone and email. Please do bear with us as we do our best to respond.
Our health and safety team, including the Chief Executive and Directors of Operations, is meeting regularly to ensure a coordinated response to the ever-changing situation. Our Chief Executive is holding fortnightly video briefings for staff across the organisation, providing a regular update and answering key questions.
We are updating our staff via internal channels, as and when we have additional information to support them in their roles, and are also doing our best to support them in maintaining their health and wellbeing.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we try our best to maintain a high standard of service to both residents and staff during this difficult time. Your health and wellbeing is our priority.
- H21 residents' frequently-asked questions
- Latest Government information and advice
- Latest NHS information
- NHS 'Catch It, Bin It, Kill It' poster
- Hand washing guide
Guidance for Show Homes
As the situation with Coronavirus continues to evolve, we would like to assure you that our focus is on the health and wellbeing of our visitors, residents and staff. As we continue to follow government guidance and are having to do things a little bit differently, we have put extra measures in place for when you come to visit us at one of our marketing suites to ensure you have a safe and comfortable experience.
From 1st August the government will be advising that shielding will be paused. This should give everyone more conﬁdence to visit us and make a move. However, we are giving you choices on how you wish to interact with us. You can now tailor your experiences with us, by wearing our optional PPE when you visit, or booking an alternative virtual appointment or viewing from the comfort and safety of your own home.
How to book your visit:
- Book a planned appointment with our Sales Consultant, by contacting the number on our development web page.
- Two people per visit maximum – our preference is that visits are made from the same household
- If you wish to have support from family and friends outside of your household we are able to accommodate this, please let our Sales Consultant know when booking.
- Children under the age of 16 cannot visit at this current time
- Ring our Sales Consultant from one of our car parking bays to confirm your arrival, our Sales Consultant will phone you when the office is ready.
- Use the Hand Sanitiser provided, and our Sales Consultant will take the time to talk you through our safety measures.
- Optional PPE such as masks and gloves will be provided if you wish to wear them.
- You can view our wall displays with our Sales Consultant, with digital copies emailed to you for home viewing.
- Paperless reservations can take place via card payment only.
Our Show Home will be open for you to view, with gloves provided upon entrance, however our Sales Consultant will not be able to accompany you for this part of your visit.