A complainant can approach the Housing Ombudsman during any stage of a complaint for advice; although they cannot take up a case until the providers complaints process has been completed. Contact details of the Housing Ombudsman are included in correspondence throughout all the stages of a complaint, including should we not accept a complaint, or when extending a complaint Complainants may wish to seek support from other agencies such as Citizens Advice, The Leasehold Advisory Service or Shelter to aid the resolution of disputes.

Housing Ombudsman contact details are also made available on scheme posters, newsletters, a leaflet aimed at residents which is available on request and via our website alongside this policy, which is also available on request.


8.2     In the case of complaints relating to care services the complainant can approach the relevant local authority if appropriate and the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman where a complainant has been through the two-stage complaints process.

8.3     Where complaints are referred to the Ombudsman Service, we will co-operate fully with any investigation and comply with the resulting decision.

8.4     In the case of complaints relating to certain types of disputes such as service charges or rent increases, an application can be made to the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) - (leaseholders and tenants). For a full list of their areas of jurisdiction and contact details for regional offices, please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/courts-tribunals/first-tier-tribunal-property-chamber.

8.5     Further information and advice on any of these options can be obtained from the Strategic Operations Team. 


Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size