Armed Forces Covenant
In honour of our military roots, we have signed the Armed Forces Covenant pledge, in support of the Armed Forces Community.
The covenant recognises the value serving personnel, both regular and reservists, veterans and military families contribute to businesses and country by ensuring no member of the Armed Forces community faces any disadvantage in public or commercial services.
As an organisation, we have made a commitment to the pledge by upholding the five key commitments relating to:
- promoting we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation to residents, employees and stakeholder
- supporting the provision of housing for older veterans
- employing veterans and their families
- supporting employees who are members of the reserves by granting additional leave
- supporting national events including Armed Forces Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities
This also makes us eligible for the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme’s Bronze award which encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same.
The scheme includes bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
You can find out more about the Armed Forces Covenant pledge on the Government website.