Appendix 4: Role of the Deputy Chair
The responsibilities of the Deputy Chair are to:
- Undertake the appraisal of the Chair
- Support the Chair and Board in relation to Board effectiveness
- Carry out ad hoc investigations as requested by the Chair to handle complaints about Board Members
- Be available to Board Members and the Executive if they have concerns which have not or cannot be resolved through contact with the Chair and/ or the CEO, or for which such contact may not be the most appropriate route.
- Support in the investigation and resolution of a Board Member grievance
- Investigate whistle blowing claims relating to the Chief Executive a member of the Senior Management Team or a member of the Board