Close this page quickly: click this link if you need to leave this page quickly

Keeping you safe: domestic abuse and safeguarding

CLOSE THIS PAGE >>> If you need to hide this page, click here to go straight to another site <<< CLOSE THIS PAGE

At Housing 21, we believe that our residents and householders should not live in fear of violence or abuse from a partner or any other member in their household. Anyone experiencing domestic abuse will be treated in a sympathetic, supportive and non-judgemental way. A victim’s disclosure alone is sufficient for them to be given advice and assistance from employees as a matter of priority.

This page explains how you can get support if you are experiencing domestic abuse, or you suspect another Housing 21 resident may be experiencing or perpetrating domestic abuse.

You can:

  • Speak to, telephone or email your Local Housing manager or any other employee at your scheme. 
  • Contact any of the specialised support agencies listed on the right.
  • Report the abuse to the police by calling 101.
  • If you are in immediate danger you must always contact the police on 999.
    • If you cannot speak, just dial 999 and then listen to the questions which are being asked.
    • You do not need to speak, you could just cough or tap your phone.
    • You may be prompted to press 55 on your keypad but don’t do it immediately after dialling 999.
    • Pressing 55 only works on mobiles and does not allow police to track your location.
Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size