Respect and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture of respect and inclusion for both our residents and employees.
This means that we strive to recognise your diverse needs and priorities to make sure that what is important to you, is also important to us.
Our Respect and Inclusion strategy sets out how we plan to be a champion for inclusion and how we will create an environment that celebrates difference. Our four key priorities are:
- Creating an inclusive working culture
- Supporting residents of all characteristics
- Ensuring we make brilliant decisions
- Promoting diversity, inclusion and showing our commitment to respect
Our actions in 2022
Some of the work we have completed during 2022 include:
- Creating a new organisational inclusion charter
- Improving the equality monitoring data we hold on our residents and employees
- Creating new, diverse resident networks
- Improving how we carry out equality impact assessments and applying them to the communities around our schemes
- Developing inclusive language guidance, and a new respect and inclusion induction
And much more too! Please do get in touch if you are interested to hear more.
We are always looking at ways to hear all voices and raise awareness. We have several employee networks including LGBTQ+, Diversity 4 Inclusion, The Respect & Inclusion Network and the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Group. These networks all help us to make the right choices whilst also bringing attention to important dates such as Ramadan, Pride, Black History Month and Disability History Month.
We also want to establish diverse networks from our residents, so if you live in a Housing 21 scheme and are interested in being part of an LGBTQ, Race and Ethnicity, Gender, Religious or any other characteristic network, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org