On 1 January 2021 we launched our new complaints policy. There is a requirement for all social housing landlords to comply with a new ‘Complaints Handling Code’ published by the Housing Ombudsman in July 2020. We have taken this opportunity to review our policy against the code which included consulting with our Complaints Residents Panel.

Complaints will still be dealt with by local management who have the knowledge and experience to respond to you. In the first instance you should contact your Court or Scheme Manager. This will be known as an ‘informal complaint’ with responses given within 10 working days. If this does not resolve the complaint, or it is too complex to be dealt with informally, then our next stage will be ‘Stage 1 formal complaint’. 

The relevant line manager will contact the complainant to discuss their complaint and formally respond within 10 working days. If the complaint falls under a different policy such as anti-social behaviour and nuisance, then the complainant will be informed.

If a complainant is not satisfied by the outcome of a Stage 1 formal complaint, they can ask to escalate to ‘Stage 2 formal complaint’.  This will be undertaken by the Executive Director of Service and will be completed within 20 workings days. 

In all cases where a formal complaint response cannot be undertaken within the timescales an extension will be agreed with the complainant – usually 10 working days. 

Further details are included in our new leaflet.

See our self assessment against the new Housing Ombudsman Complaints Handling Code here

You can access this information via your court or scheme manager.

Download complaints leaflet

Summary of complaints process

  • Informal complaint - Contact your Court or Scheme Manager
  • Response within 10 working days
  • Stage 1 format complaint
  • Formal response within 10 working days
  • Stage 2 formal complaint
  • Completed within 20 working days

Performance on formal complaints

Below you can download a summary of the formal complaints’ performance for April 2020 to March 2021.

Housing 21 Annual Complaints and Compliments

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size