Learning and development
We are committed to providing you with learning and development opportunities throughout your time at Housing 21 to help you be the best you can be. When you join the organisation, your induction plan will be tailored to your job role.
Court Managers will attend our corporate induction event at our head office in Birmingham, where you will meet different teams, network with fellow new starters and gain an interactive insight into our core business, values and aspirations.
Our Retirement Housing learning and development offering includes:
Court Managers will complete a structured pathway of learning completed over 24 months, delivered via a variety of methods, with each manager receiving both a mobile tablet and networked computer desktop, all designed to empower and support a devolved delivery model.
We offer the following leadership and management training opportunities:
- Leading to Excellence, a Level 3 management development programme accredited by The Institute of Leadership and Management
- Inspiring Excellence, a Level 5 leadership development programme accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Diploma in Leadership and Management, delivered by Worcester University
Read more about Leadership development
We offer a complete portfolio of systems support training to all employees, including a full range of Microsoft Office products and bespoke in house business software.
Learning management system
Our dedicated learning management system, FRED (Functional Resource for Employee Development), is available to all employees and allows you to:
- View your individual training requirements
- View your ‘Learning Pathway’
- Book on to training
- Complete e-learning
We are committed to providing apprenticeship opportunities for you to develop your knowledge and skills within your existing role or to progress your career.
All apprenticeships, which can take 12-48 months to complete, include the following:
- A nationally recognised qualification, e.g. Diploma or Certificate
- Functional skills Maths & English
- 20% off the job training
- Portfolio of evidence
- Work based project
Find out more about Apprenticeships