Disability Confident employer
In 2022, Housing 21 signed up to the government's Disability Confident Scheme which encourages employers to recruit and retain disabled people or people who may have health conditions, replacing the previous Two Ticks Positive About Disabled People scheme.
Joining the scheme is voluntary and helps employers to build an inclusive working culture.
All employers join the scheme at Disability Confident Committed (Level 1), and progress through the levels to achieve the one that's right for their organisation. Housing 21 is at Level 1 now - this means that we have agreed to the five Disability Confident core commitments:
1. Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
2. Communicate and promote vacancies
3. Offer interviews to disabled people
4. Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
5. Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
Figures suggest that only 52 percent of disabled people are in employment, with this in mine, we will be working hard to demonstrate these commitments with a view to progress to Level 2 of the scheme.
Why not join Housing 21?
If you'd like to see what a career with Housing 21 could mean to you, and what we could offer, visit our careers pages.