Learning and development in Extra Care
We are committed to providing you with learning and development opportunities throughout your time at Housing 21 to help you be the best you can be. When you join the organisation, your induction plan will be tailored to your job role.
Housing and Care Managers will attend our corporate induction event at our head office in Birmingham, where you will meet different teams, network with fellow new starters and gain an interactive insight into our core business, values and aspirations
Our Extra Care learning and development offering includes:
Housing and Care Managers will complete a structured pathway of learning completed over 24 months, delivered via a variety of methods, with each manager receiving both a mobile tablet and networked computer desktop, all designed to empower and support a devolved delivery model.
We offer the following leadership and management training opportunities:
- Leading to Excellence – Level 3 management development programme accredited by The Institute of Leadership and Management
- Inspiring Excellence – Level 5 leadership development programme accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Diploma in Leadership and Management delivered by Worcester University
Read more about Leadership development
Every Care Worker receives full Skills for Care accredited in house training from our operational trainers in all aspects of care delivery and current legislation.
We offer a complete portfolio of systems support training to all employees, including a full range of Microsoft Office products and bespoke in house business software.
We are committed to providing apprenticeship opportunities for you to develop your knowledge and skills within your existing role or to progress your career.
All apprenticeships, which can take 12-48 months to complete, include the following:
- A nationally recognised qualification, e.g. Diploma or Certificate
- Functional skills Maths & English
- 20% off the job training
- Portfolio of evidence
- Work Based Project
Find out more about Apprenticeships