Extra Care schemes
Extra Care provides purpose-built apartments in a community setting with on-site care and support services
- Independent living in your own home
- Discreet security to give you peace of mind
- A community setting with opportunities for an active and social lifestyle
- On-site Care Workers and support services
- On-site facilities such as hairdressers, restaurants and shops
Local Housing Manager
The Local Housing Manager will:
- Make daily contact unless you ask them not to
- Offer advice
- Organise repairs
- Arrange help with shopping or domestic chores.
- Encourage participation in social activities on and off court
- Help develop activities and services in which older people in the community can take part
Our Local Housing Managers are full time, and you will be advised of their working hours.
Your support plan is designed to identify any extra assistance you need.
Your Local Housing Manager will help you complete your plan shortly after you move in and will arrange extra help or new services.
Emergency alarm system
The pull cords in our homes are connected to an alarm system so that you can summon help.
The Local Housing Manager is able to hear and speak to you over this system.
Parking is available for residents, visitors and the Local Housing Manager. We do not allocate specific parking spaces to individual tenants. If parking at the scheme is limited, we may ask visitors to park elsewhere.
All of our schemes have a no smoking policy in communal areas.
How to apply
To apply for accommodation at one of our new Extra Care courts, please contact the Housing Team at the appropriate council:
Thanet District Council
Ashford Joseph Hadlum Court
Ashford Borough Council
Shepway District Council
Herne Bay, Canterbury
Canterbury City Council
01227 862 000
Maidstone Borough Council
Dover District Council