Assessing Support Needs

If a resident is fully independent with managing their finances, then a risk assessment is not required.

Where Housing 21 employees are involved with any element of supporting a resident with their finances i.e. shopping calls, then a risk assessment must be completed.

If a resident requires support with shopping or managing finances, then this must be documented within the relevant section of the support plan.

All arrangements must be discussed and agreed with the resident and their family or local authority social worker.

The support plan should include details of exactly what the resident requires support with and how money is made secure.

Any action taken, or support required because of the risk assessment must be included within the support plan.

If the risk assessment results in a medium to high risk score and there is concern that a resident lacks the capacity to understand management of money, please refer to the Mental Capacity Act Policy.

Risk assessments must be reviewed every 12 months, in line with the support plan, or sooner if there are any changes to the support provided or concerns of a lack of capacity.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size