Extra Care in Oldham
To apply to rent our Extra Care housing in Oldham, you must be a resident of, or have connections to, the borough of Oldham. You must also be registered with My Move.
My Move has been designed to make it easier to apply for social housing and look for a new home. You can:
- Register for social housing in Oldham
- Bid for available homes
- Manage and update your account details by using the self-service tools
- Check your bidding activity
How will my application be assessed?
When you register on My Move, you will have the option to select your requirements for Extra Care housing, including whether you have a medical need to move. When you complete the application with your Extra Care requirements, a medical form will automatically be sent for you to fill in.
When you return the form, an occupational therapist working in partnership with My Move Oldham will review your answers. If you are eligible for Extra Care housing your application will be passed to Adult Social Care, who will complete a full assessment to ensure that you meet the requirements for Extra Care services.
Once you have been accepted as eligible for Extra Care Housing, you will be matched with an apartment that meets your housing and care requirements, subject to availability.
The Extra Care courts in Oldham that are part of this scheme are:
- Trinity House, Godson Street, Oldham
- Aster House, Aster Street, Oldham
- Tandle View Court, Rochdale Road, Royton
- Charles Morris House, Gildenhall, Failsworth
- Hopwood Court, Thornham Road, Shaw
- Old Mill House, Old Mill Lane, Springhead